ABKI1014 – Certificate in Bookkeeping
Become a Certified Bookkeeper in just ten weeks!
Learn to balance the books with our accredited course. You’ll be able to prepare VAT returns and keep business accounts. Learn to analyse and interpret a profit and loss statement and balance sheet. You can also use this course as a pathway to start your own bookkeeping business!
Get Qualified & Earn more. Download a FREE info pack now:
- The only Certificate in Bookkeeping accredited by the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers Ireland (ICB Ireland)
- Become a certified bookkeeper through a reputable organisation (ICB Ireland)
- Get a FREE 12-month student membership to ICB Ireland
- Become an expert in the most widely used bookkeeping systems; SAGE
- Flexible online study lets you work at your own pace, at a time that fits your schedule
- Receive support from your expert tutor via email and phone
- Flexible online study – work at your own pace in your own time and receive unlimited one-on-one tutor support
- Accreditation and Certification: Our course has been accredited by the ICB Ireland. Once you complete this course, you will be eligible to register as a Certified Bookkeeper with ICB Ireland – a nationally recognised credential, respected and valued by employers.
- The Career Academy is a Xero Education Partner with Xero Learn – get up to six months access to Xero included with your course!
Investment: €499 or from only €25 per week with our interest free payment plan.
Assessments: 12 modules / 12 assignments, includes case studies, quizzes, written assessments
Duration: A total of 100 hours to be completed within six months. Study at your own pace!
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months until you complete.
Delivery & support: This course is delivered online with tutor support by phone and email.
This course is designed for
- Those who want to work from home
- Job seekers wanting to upskill in the bookkeeping industry
- Bookkeepers who want to become certified
- Entrepreneurs looking to start their own bookkeeping business
- Business owners who wish to save money by managing their own accounts and VAT returns
Potential Career Outcomes
The Career Academy’s bookkeeping graduates start their own bookkeeping business or work in small to medium-sized businesses. On completion of this course, you may be able to apply for jobs such as:
- Accounting Clerk
- Payroll Officer
- Financial Advisor
- Assistant Accountant
Between 2020 and 2024, the availability of Bookkeeping-related roles in Ireland is expected to increase resulting in a 3.9% increase in average wages across the Bookkeeping profession. The salary range for Bookkeepers is between €20,000 – €39,000 per year.
Sources: AAT, Pay Scale Ireland, CPL Jobs Ireland
This course covers twelve modules
- ABKI202 – Accounting and Bookkeeping Fundamentals
- ABKI152 – General Journal
- ABKI153 – General Ledger & the Trial Balance
- ABKI218 – Depreciation
- ABKI106 – Accruals and Prepayments
- ABKI146 – Financial Statements
- ABKI133 – Fundamentals of VAT
- ABKI214 – Fundamentals of Payroll
- ABKI217 – Accounting with Sage and Quickbooks
- ABKI103 -Accounting with Xero
- ABKI122 – Budgeting, Forecasting and Cashflow Management
- CITG125 – Bookkeeping using Microsoft Excel